eruditearmywife?

Sunday, November 29, 2009

recent developments





Ray took a new job in Rochester, NY and will start in early January once we get final word on when the Army will let him go. He's very excited about being out of the Army and his new job. I am less thrilled about it all, but doing my best to be supportive and positive-not things I would say I am naturally good at.

Ray and I celebrated our first major holiday together this week. We made a fantastic pecan pie, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, gravy and green bean casserole. On the advice of my dear friend Ruth, who is skillful in many many areas and unexpectedly has turned out to be a fantastic makers of Thanksgiving foods, I made cranberry butter. Wow, that is a new family favorite! Our turkey and stuffing were good, but need some work.

All this talk about food brings reminds me of something else, my overeating. I actually cannot believe I am writing a blog about this since I have read several other blogs about eating habits and roll my eyes back and groan since there are some people out there who care much more deeply about this topic than others and feel the need to describe in detail their latest "eating healthy" plan with the world. I'll spare you all the details of what I am eating, how I feel about my overeating and my plan for how to stop it (since I actually do not have one just yet). I simply will say that I am committed to putting a stop to it so that I can wear non-yoga pants one day soon. Also to the inventor of hidden expandable waistband pants I send a message--Bless you friend! They are truly a wonder of the world.

I wish you all much luck with your overeating this holiday season. I know I need a lot of luck and maybe a mild stomach bug to help deter me from partaking in it this time of year.

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger ruth said...

i just saw this. thanks for the sweet compliment! and i'm glad you like the butter. it is such a keeper.

happy new year's!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home