eruditearmywife?

Monday, November 09, 2009

Interviewing

It's been a crazy couple of weeks for us. Ray did an intensive first round of interviews last Monday and Tuesday with 10 companies. The interview prep started on Friday with Saturday and Sunday full of company briefings and one-on-one preparations with the folks from the recruiting firm followed by staying up half the night researching the companies and practicing in the room. I was exhausted and more stressed than I have been in a long time so one can only imagine how Ray was holding up. Ray is used to doing horrible, exhausting things for long periods of time without complaint, but I am not thus I just complain about it. In all truthfulness that was one of the very worst weekends of my life. Ray looked absolutely adorable in his fancy business suits and he wowed many a company in spite of his exhaustion and nervousness. Skippy and I are very proud of him, but not surprised since we already know how great Ray is.

It seems to have been worth it since Ray is currently in Rochester, NY at a follow-up interview with his top choice and has another follow-up interview in NYC with his third choice on Thursday. This kind of thing really ought to teach me to stop complaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home