eruditearmywife?

Monday, March 23, 2009

misnomers

So much for "bean town" being an appropriate nickname for Boston. I see no correlation other than simple alliteration as I ate nary a Boston baked bean while I was there. I'd say a more apt nickname for that city is onion town, since they regularly put onions on everything yet do not ever mention this on the menu. The assumption that the whole world loves onions and would be thrilled by the pleasant surprise that they would come with every dish is a falsehood. I despise them.

I might also call Boston, beer town. I drank more beers than I have in years and acted like I was 18 (i.e. like a real fool). My pants barely zip and it took me several days to dry up and get rid of the aches in my thirty something muscles after my antics.

I am so glad to be back in Austin where nobody cares if you wear elastic waist pants and flip flops all year long and they thankfully list all ingredients on the menu. The only danger is of course the delicious Texas beers... Fancy Lawnmower from St. Arnold's Brewery being my current favorite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home