eruditearmywife?

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Walburg

I went to the German bar/restaurant in Walburg on Friday night for my dear friend Annie's birthday. It was a lovely crisp fall evening. We ate, we drank, we listened to German music and watched, but did not participate in dancing.

It was a great, great night, which has got me thinking about the last time I went to Walburg. On this visit, there was mercifully no drunkenness, no pole dancing and I did not have to prevent a member of my party from continually making out with and coming dangerously close to going home with a member of the band. One might think that I'm acting like and old lady by saying this since this sounds like a great night out in college, right? I'd absolutely agree since I did actually have my fair share of fun in college and see no problem with that and have been know to even instigate it. The difference here is that the member of my party referenced above was and is married. What makes it even more offensive is that she constantly gushes about how blissfully happily married she is ad nauseam and had a toddler at the time. No good folks, no good.

I've spent many a year trying to get my life together and have a long way to go. One of my latest goals has been to be work on being less judgmental. "The Walburg Event", as I like to call it, was not enough to get me to distance myself from that woman. Crazy, I know. There were actually three such incidents over the span of just shy of a year and that still was not enough to convince me that this person was toxic. I in the last month finally came to this conclusion. I took the do not judge people goal to an extreme. Thankfully I finally made a decision to cut out this person and a few other toxic people from my life. I myself and some non-optional people in my life have the ability to add toxins a plenty to my life that I don't need any additional help. This is my second cleanse of toxic people in the last several years and I have to say that even though I was slow to see the need to do it, I am happy I did. Next time let's hope it does not take me so damn long to get to this point. My sweet Raymond was fighting the global war on terror at the time so I was kind of a wreck- this might help explain a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home